In today’s environment, having an internet presence is critical regardless of what sort of business you have. Furthermore, in order to stand out in an already crowded online environment, it is critical that your website is SEO friendly and has a high Google rating. But, when it comes to the type of website development to examine, which alternative will you pick? Choosing between a bespoke web design and a template-driven website may be difficult because both have advantages and disadvantages.
What is the difference between the two?
Custom-made websites are built from the ground up to meet the client’s exact needs. Each page, as well as the pieces that make up the page, is coded, with functionality established in accordance with the specifications. As a result, it takes time to create and may take several months depending on the intricacy. In addition, a web design business is frequently engaged to create a custom-made website, which is why it is so pricey.
Custom made website Pros
- The quantity of customization choices available is the most important benefit, as it is built only to meet the needs of the customer. You may develop a one-of-a-kind website that distinguishes your company and helps you establish your brand more effectively.
- They are more SEO friendly, ensuring that your website receives appropriate exposure on search engine result pages (SERP)
- It grows with your company and can accept new features in the future.
- To prevent malicious malware from wreaking havoc on the website, strict security measures may be readily implemented.
- Because a professional web designing company stays up to date with the newest technologies, your website may remain updated and stylish to attract visitors of all ages.
- Finally, you’ll have the peace of mind you’ve earned. You may contact a web design business to add new features as needed because you are paying for their services.
Custom made website Cons
- As previously said, the website was created from the ground up. As a result, it will take time, and an early launch may not be possible.
- Even if you are a developer, building a successful bespoke website will necessitate the collaboration of programmers, photoshop designers, testing engineers, and digital marketing professionals. As a result, whether you use a web design business or not, the cost will be greater.
Template Made Website Pros
- Template-driven websites are well-suited to the term “pocket-friendly.” Even if you choose premium features, the total cost will be little.
- To create and manage a website, you only need a basic understanding of the subject. Plugins that are easy to use make it simple to change the material and pictures as needed.
- Once the domain is acquired, it may be launched swiftly, allowing you to start your internet business right away.
- Thousands of pre-designed templates provide you with a lot of flexibility when it comes to personalizing your website.
Template Made Website Cons
- The template you’ve chosen isn’t editable, therefore you won’t be able to add any unique or sophisticated features.
- Because many of the plugins accessible are offered by third parties, and hackers target plugins to reach a large number of people at once, security is not their strongest suit.
- Due to the dull and general style of the themes, users may not take your website seriously.
- You or your technical team will be primarily responsible for updating the website (if any).
- SEO isn’t optimal unless you put in the time and effort to improve it on a frequent basis.
Both sorts of websites, in general, appeal to different types of businesspeople. Established businesses that have the time and money to spend on long-term brand awareness choose custom websites. Templates, on the other hand, are chosen by start-up enterprises that are more focused on local businesses.
Intersmart Solutions is a well-established web designing company in Kochi that recognizes the fine line and can help you with any option. We can provide the best options for your long-term objectives.